1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Memorize your favorite poem.
3. Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say, “I love you”, mean it.
5. When you say, “I’m sorry”, look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don’t judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask,”Why do you want to
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
15. Call your mom.
16. Say “God bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.
17. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
18. Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
19. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
20. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
21. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
22. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important
as any other.
23. Spend some time alone.
24. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
25. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
26. Read more books and watch less TV.
27. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll get to enjoy it a second time.
28. Trust in God but lock your car.
29. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important.Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
30. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
31. Read between the lines.
32. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
33. Be gentle with the earth.
34. Pray. There’s immeasurable power in it.
35. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
36. Mind your own business.
37. Don’t trust a man/woman who doesn’t close his/her eyes when you kiss.
38. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
39. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth’s greatest satisfaction.
40. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
41. Learn the rules then break some.
42. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
43. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
44. Remember that your character is your destiny.
45. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
46.I am not afraid of storms, for I'am learning to sail my ship. (LM Alcott)
47.The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trial ( Chinese Proverb)
48.The greater the difficulty the greater the glory. ( Cicero)
49.It is not until we have passsed through the furnance that we are made to know how much dross there is in our composition. ( CC Colton)
50.Adversity reveals genius; prosperity concelas it. ( Horace)
51.Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them. ( W Irving)
52.We become wiser by our adversity. (Seneca)
53.Anger begins with folly and ends with repentance. (HG Bohn)
54.The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns yourself more than him. (Chinese Proverb)
55.He who establishes his argument by noise and command, shows that his reason is weak. (Montaigne)
56.Anxiety is good for nothing if we cannot turn it into defense. (Meyrick)
57.Try not to be a man of succes, but rather to become a man of value. (Eisnsten)
58.Morality knows nothing of geographical boundaries or distinctions of race. ( H Spencer)
59.For man is man and master of his own fate. (A L Tennyson)
60.Common sense is not so common. (Voltaire)
61.Simple solutions seldom are. It takes a very unusual mind to undertake anlysis of the obvious. (A N Whitehead)
62.You cannot reate experience. You must undergo it. (A Camus)
63.The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart. (B Franklin)
64.Mind is the partial side of man; the heart is everything. (Rivarol)
65.Hope, of all ills men endure. The only cheap and universal cure. (A Cowley)
66.Nothing is more scandalous than a man who is proud of his humility. (Aurelius)
67.Always laugh when you can; It is cheap medicine. (Byron)
68.Humour is man's greatest blessing. (M Twain)
69.Patience is concentrated strength. (Bulwer-Lytton)
70.Patience and fortitude conquer all things. (Emerson)
71.Patience is the art of hoping. (Vanvenargues)
72.No man is such a conqueror as the man who has defeated himself. (H W Beecher)
73.Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. (Lao Tse)
74.There is no greater delighet than to be concious of sincerity on self-examination. (Mencius)
75.No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. (E Roosevelt)
76.One must be poor to know the luxury of giving. (G Eliot)
77.To generous souls, every task is noble. (Euripedes)
78.The hands that help are holier than the lips that pray. (R G Ingersoll)